7.1 Access and Egress
• An access has to be provided for workers to move in and out during an installation. Any open area will have to be covered with safety barricade to prevent any worker from falling from height. A clearly demarcated egress has to be provided as well to allow workers to exit the work area in the case of an emergency.
7.2 Vertical and Horizontal Alignments
• Special attention has to be given to the alignments during installation. The method statement for installation should indicate clearly how proper alignments can be achieved to prevent any abortive works.
• Improper vertical and horizontal alignments cause external gaps which require additional touch-up work such as hacking and plastering. Windows and/or any external fixtures will look slanted as well.
• MEP services including lightning protection system, sanitary and rain water discharge system etc. require proper vertical continuity connection. Installation of P-trap, S-trap if required, shall not impact finishes done up in a factory. If vertical concealed shaft is provided, space for installation works shall be allocated to facilitate vertical connection works.
• For MEP services that require installation works horizontally crossing modules, (including wiring, pressurized pipeworks, gradient pipeworks), the method of connection, if required, shall not compromise the level of continuity. All point of connections shall be properly secured by proper support. Method of connections shall not compromise the gradient required for gradient-pipeworks. Proper protection to finishes to be provided if hot work is required for connections. Installation works shall be done via the space allocated for installation works.
7.3 Sequencing of the Modules Installation